Booking Terms and Conditions :
Booking terms and condition refers to the special binding agreement between Ashmita Trek and Tours and the client. It is important in the business system to conduct such a procedure. For both of our benefit, it is best to know and understand the terms of our mutual agreement before booking a trip. The terms are a set of regulations that the client must agree to follow to use online services.
We always encourage you to read the terms and conditions carefully before booking any trips with Ashmita Trek and Tours, by submitting the booking form you are agreeing to be bound by the conditions of the terms, and please go through the following Terms and Conditions that govern the relationship between you (client) and Ashmita Trek and Tours (hereinafter referred as "The Company"), Registered Company Number, both parties agree to these Terms and Conditions to resolve any legal or other disputes that may arise during the trip.
- A 'trip' refers to any product itinerary or activities that are listed on our official website ( www.ashmitatrek.com ) that you buy from us including Trekking, Hiking, Tours, Expeditions, and/or other adventure tour programs.
- A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when the company sends a confirmation email then the contract between the Company and the Client comes into existence.
- Before your trip is confirmed and a contract comes into force, the company reserves the right to increase or decrease prices.
- Please note that the company would not be liable for any warranty, collateral agreement, prior agreement, description of services, or conditions, other than as expressed herein.
- The price of every trip is given on our trip packages pages, and they are valid to book and pay the deposit or full.
- The price of most of our trips is based on the number of people booking, and the group price applies to your own travel group only. Our calculator automatically calculates the price when you enter the number of people when you are making a booking.
- We still honour the group price if some of your people make a separate booking (However, it should be informed at the time of booking). For example, two of you booked the trip already, and you got to know that some of your friends also want to join you later and become 5, 6, or more…
- The group price does not apply to individual bookings. For example… one individual makes a booking first and later, another individual, couple, group of friends or family make a booking for the same trip & date. They pay the cost based on their own number of people, and all travellers travel together in a group. So, keep in mind that each traveller may have paid a different price for the same trip and services.
Deposit Requirement to Book A Trip :
Darjeeling and Sikkim Trip
You have to make a deposit payment (the deposit amount is different for different trips as some trips required 30%, some 50%, and some 100%, and the required deposit amount is calculated automatically when you select a trip, date, and start booking on fixed departure dates) at the time of booking and the remaining amount is payable upon your arrival in Darjeeling, India and before the trip departure from Darjeeling. We provide you with a payment link with the required amount and instructions for the customized trips through email.
Nepal and Bhutan Trips
For the booking of Tibet and Bhutan Trips, you need to make 50% of the trip cost at the time of Booking or some trips may need to pay in full So, confirm by email before paying online and the remaining 50% is needed to be paid 30 days prior to the trip departure.
Balance payment :
The remaining balance can be made one week before your trip departure be mindful, or on arrival in Darjeeling via cash or Visa / Master Card and a 6% levy will be added for the card processing bank fee. and 5% GST applicable.
Trip Cancellation by the Client :
- Any cancellation by a client must be made in writing and acknowledged by the company, the date on which the request to cancel is received by the company, will determine the cancellation charge applicable.
Darjeeling Sikkim and other parts of India Trip Refund Policy
- 30 days & prior to arrival – 10% Cancellation Charges Applicable
- 29 days to 25 days prior to arrival – 50 % Cancellation Charges Applicable
- 24 days prior to arrival & less, no show – NO REFUND / NO VOUCHER ( the cost of services booked )
Nepal and Bhutan Trip Refund Policy
- Cancelation of Nepal and Bhutan Trips: 30 days prior or more before departure: Loss of deposit (50%).
- Cancellation of Nepal and Bhutan Trips: 29 days or less prior before departure: 100% no-show – NO REFUND/ NO VOUCHER ( the cost of services booked )
- If you have booked any trip (Nepal, Bhutan, India ) through other sites or thirty parties then the third-party policy will be applied.
- The Client is strongly advised to take out cancellation insurance at the time of making the booking.
- No refunds are made if you voluntarily leave a trip for any reason after the trip has begun, no refunds are made for any accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals, or services not utilized on trips.
- If you want to change the date of the trip, it is possible to change it within our tour date (subject to availability) which costs a 150.00 USD service fee plus the increased cost (if any).
Cancellation of a Trip by the company
Ashmita Trek and Tours reserve the right to cancel any trip including a guaranteed trip, prior to departure due to reasons that are beyond our control (i.e., due to natural disasters, flight cancellation, consequences of strikes, industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or other untoward occurrences. In such a case, Ashmita Trek and Tours refund the price after deducting the cost (10% for Darjeeling and Sikkim India Trip and 50% for Bhutan and Nepal Trips) that has already been spent for the preparation of your trips.
Refund Cancellation after you made the full payment:
If you cancel your trip after you made full payment or change the itinerary before or during the trek Ashmita Trek and Tours is not liable to refund the money because all the bookings and procedures have already been made for you.
Online Payment by Paypal :
Bank and PayPal Service Charge:
Please note: Bank and PayPal service charges should be paid by the clients themselves at the time of deposit
Your Booking Confirmation :
After receiving a photocopy of your passport and advance money from you, we will send you the final trip confirmation letter with a booking voucher.
Passport and Visa:
International clients must have valid passports and visas. Domestic clients must bring their valid ID proof while travelling with our company. The company is not responsible for any incorrect or invalid documents if you are not allowed to pass the country or are prevented from entering places due to any such reason.
Travel insurance is mandatory for all clients. Before the client commences a tour he or she must arrange his/her insurance with a reputable insurer, with protection for the full duration of the tour, to cover personal injury, medical expenses, emergency helicopter expenses, repatriation expenses, loss of luggage and the expenses associated with cancellation or curtailment or a tour. If a client becomes ill, all hospital expenses, doctor fees, and repatriation costs are the client’s responsibility and the company shall not be liable for any refund of the tour cost.
Health and fitness:
All tours and treks in Darjeeling and Sikkim require a sufficient level of fitness, therefore you should check with your doctor concerning your health and fitness before proceeding on your journey. If you have any preexisting medical condition or disability you might increase the risk of requiring medical attention. Therefore, you need to inform Ashmita Trek and Tours beforehand. This may also hamper your ability to travel.
Personal loss or damage:
Ashmita Trek and Tours are not responsible for any possible loss or damage of luggage, camera, passport, or personal belongings as it is the responsibility of clients to take care of their own personal properties.
Use of photos and videos :
Our guide and staff or photographer may take photos and videos during your trip and we may use those materials to promote our business through our website and social media.
Acceptance of Risk
We are committed to providing the best services by performing our duties honestly & seriously to make your journey very smooth & successful. However, Ashmita Trek and Tours and its related organization shall not be responsible for any changes in the itinerary due to unavoidable circumstances beyond our control such as govt. restriction, Landslide, road blockage, flood, snow political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay, sickness or accident, and the nature of some of our trips is adventurous and risky as well, therefore may involve a personal risk. We would like to inform you that you have to take all risks on yourself such as damages or injuries or death resulting from these inherent risks.
Important Note :
Our valuable Client we would like to inform you that during the trekking in Part of India Including Darjeeling Sikkim will not allow to carry any satellite phones and GPRS due to the sensitive area (border security area)