What kind of Accommodation you accept :
We provide you standard good family home stay or hotel in yuksoom – Pelling before and after your trek The stay on all other days will be in tents. Each tent and will accommodate two trekkers. will be provided high altitude sleeping bags that can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
Transports used during your tours:
We at Ashmita Trek and Tours will provide private vehicles for the airport transfers and sightseeing tour as per ititnerys in Sikkim
Will you Company provide us with tents and sleeping bags?
Yes, Ashmita Trek & Tours will be provided with tents and high altitude sleeping bags that can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
What will the temperatures be like during this trek?
Day time temperatures will range from 14-18ºC and night time temperature will range from 3-5ºC in May. You Expect temperatures to be lower by a few degrees in October/November.
No of people requre for sikkim trek:
The trekking included your package permit can be arranged by Company, but minimum of 2 people is required.
Are there any electricity charging points on this trek Is there mobile network on this trek ?
Darjeeling to Yuksoom ,is the last place where you’ll get mobile network. Make sure you finish your important telephone calls before reaching Yuksom and Please inform family members about poor connectivity on the trek. Yuksom, if at all, might have charging points, provided there is electricity. we suggest you to have spare batteries as well.
Your Travel Insurance :
Travel insurance is mandatory for all clients. Before the client commences a tour he or she must arrange his or her insurance with a reputable insurer, with protection for the full duration of the tour, to cover personal injury, medical expenses, emergency helicopter expenses, repatriation expenses, loss of luggage and the expenses associated with cancellation or curtailment or a tour. If a client becomes ill, all hospital expenses, doctor’s fees and repatriation costs are the client’s responsibilities and the company shall not be liable for any refund of the tour cost.
Health and fitness :
All tour and treks in Darjeeling and Sikkim demand a sufficient level of fitness, therefore you should check with your doctor concerning your health and fitness before preceding your journey. You have any pre existing medical condition or disability you might increase the risk of you requiring medical attention you need to inform toAshmita Trek and Tours. this may also hamper your ability to travel.
Group Size, Teams member :
We organize this trek from two people to maximum 16 people at once and there are 1 guide and one Assistant up to 10 people and 2 guides and one Assistant for 11-16 people and a porter for trekkers as per needed .
Trekking Equipment & Packing List :
Luggage/Bag pack on trek :
- Your main luggage will be carried by our porters and horse during your trek and you simply carry a day pack with water bottle, camera, sun-screen, spare jacket, your personal thinks and etc, during the trek.
- Four seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one from our site if you do not have on your own and it is to be returned after your trek.
Clothing & Accessories :
- The trek routes go from low to high altitudes. we suggest you T- shirt, pentagon with cap Extra socks, a water proof jacket, (rain coat requred in ranny Season ) Down Jacket/Gore tax Jacket, Light wind & water proof jacket , Inner sleeping sheet , Long sleeve T-shirts , Warm hat/ gloves,a good trekking shoe, make sure you choose the right footwear shoes have to be lightweight and durable, that offers complete and grip. a sun protection cream. Woolen cap and hand gloves. Warm jacket or a sweater and also a wind-cheater You experience strong cold winds especially in the months of September and October.
- a backpack (-10 C) (50 - 60 ltr) with multiple-compartments will surely help you to keep your personal belongings safe and organized a good quality haversack as to make all things to fit in one it must be comfortable while walking with it Sleeping bag. Duffel or Rucksack bag to keep your all the gear and this will be carried by the porters. Daypack for yourself.
First Aid Kits :
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude related headaches.
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains.
- Immodium or Pepto bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea.
- Diamox 125 or 250mg tablets for altitude sickness.
- 1 small personal sized first-aid kit with blister treatments such as mole skin, band-aids, some waterproof tape, anti-infection ointments, etc.
- Flashlights : 1 Nos Torch with extra battery or head light in important.
- Water bottle , packet food like biscuits dry fruits (dates,cashew,almonds,resins etc) and sweets (Dry packet sweets-Cadbury-peanut candy) are to be carried as supplements during the treks.
Water bottle :
- Hydration pack 2 bottles of one litre each People who use hydration pack.
Miscellaneous but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip balm. At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sun’s cream with SPF 40 is recommended
- Pocket knife.
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kit and be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.