We are so excited and happy to share with you guys that Nepal is open to travelers once again with all the safety precautions. At the end of September 2021, the Nepal government published new travel updates, and as per that, both vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists can trek and tour in Nepal.
We will be sharing more detailed information regarding the new rules and regulations shortly, but before that, let us tell you about the ongoing Covid-19 situation in Nepal as of October 2021. The daily cases have fallen below 1000. At the same time, the rate of recovery is high. The local market is open, and the locals are pretty much living a normal life. Many citizens have received the second dose of the vaccine, and some are waiting for it.
Overall, the situation is under control and far better than before. Moreover, many tourists have also entered Nepal to enjoy fall trips. After a long shutdown of the tourism industry in Nepal, it is now opening slowly, and we cannot be grateful enough to once again create lifelong memories in the Himalayas with people from all around the world.
Entry Protocol for International Travelers in Nepal- October 2021 Update
Below you can read the updated travel regulations for international travelers.
For Fully Vaccinated Travelers:
- The traveler has to be fully vaccinated for at least 14 days before entering Nepal.
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to be quarantined.
- Like before, travelers can get an on-arrival visa at any entry point of Nepal or from the Nepalese Embassy/Consulate in their respective country.
For Unvaccinated/Not Fully Vaccinated Travelers:
- There is no availability of an on-arrival visa at any entry point of Nepal for unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated travelers.
- The travelers have to get a visa from their respective countries by showing a recommendation letter from their travel company. The visa is available at the Nepalese Embassy or the Consulate.
- Ten days hotel quarantine is mandatory in the designated hotel by the government of Nepal. After passing the Covid-19 test on the tenth day, you are free to go.
- Vaccination certificates
- Hotel booking details
- 72 hours negative Covid-19 test report (before arriving in Nepal)
- Mountaineering/trekking permits (if applicable)
- Recommendation letter from travel/trekking agency in Nepal (if you are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated)
- CCMC form filled confirmation (barcode)
*Note: CCMC (Covid-19 Crisis Management Centre) is established by the Nepal Tourism Board in order to control the virus. Travelers have to compulsory fill the CCMC application form to get the QR code before landing at Kathmandu Airport to show the authorities.
Best Treks in Nepal 2022/2023
Now you must be wondering where to trek in Nepal?
As Nepal is completely open for all tourist activities, you can participate in any outdoor activities from trekking to expeditions and tours and jungle safari. However, we want to focus on two trekking destinations- Everest Base Camp (5,364 ) and Annapurna Base Camp (4,130 m).
Everest Base Camp Trek
We all have heard so many good things about Everest Base Camp Trekking. How adventurous and satisfying Everest Base Camp Trek is, how it will make you forget all the hardships and help escape in nature, and how stunning the mountains and the landscapes are.
It's all true. Everest Base Camp Trek is indeed the best trek in the world. Not only you reach the lap of the world's highest mountain, Mt. Everest (8,848 m), but also learn about the life of the famous Sherpas, the people of the mountain, and their rich cultural heritage. And it adds a very heart-touching and sublime essence to the journey that cannot be exactly described with the words.
Everest Base Camp Trek route is one of the bustling trekking routes in the Himalayas. However, this time it is not the same case. The trekking route of the Everest Base Camp is less crowded and tranquil, thanks to the shutdown of the tourism industry. And it is still not too late to enjoy this tranquility, which is very rare for the popular Everest region.
Don't miss this amazing chance of enjoying a very rare perspective of Everest Base Camp Trek. We are taking bookings for spring and autumn 2022/2023. Likewise, you can still visit Everest Base Camp in the fall/winter of 2021.
Get in touch with us now and ask your queries.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek
- Thrilling flight to Lukla that offers great aerial views of the Himalayas
- The adventurous trail through the Sagarmatha National Park that homes hundreds of flora and fauna
- Cross long suspension bridges over rushing rivers, pass streams, and lush forests of rhododendron
- Spend nights in lovely villages and have an intimate interaction with the locals
- Visit ancient monasteries along the route and get to have a glimpse of local's culture and tradition
- Reach the Everest Base Camp and hike to Kala Patthar to witness gorgeous sunrise
- Learn to live in less, enjoy tranquility, escape in the Himalayas, and become a team player
- Witness breath-taking panoramas and jaw-dropping sceneries
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is another very famous trek in the Himalayas that takes to the lap of the tenth highest mountain, Mt. Annapurna (8,091 m). We cannot compare Annapurna Base Camp Trekking with Everest Base Camp Trekking. Both are adventurous, offer astounding views and distinctive trekking experiences.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek explores the western Himalayas, its fine villages, striking lakes, cascading waterfalls, dense forests, and vibrant cultural heritage. The Annapurna Base Camp Trek route ascends through many small villages resided by people from different communities. The heart-warming hospitality of the locals and friendly nature is to die for. Trust us you will not feel homesick at all.
The trail crosses many suspension and wooden bridges over streams and rivers. You will be enjoying natural hot springs too while returning. Annapurna Base Camp Trek is also a bustling trekking route, and trekking now when the trail is almost empty is the best time to do Annapurna Base Camp Trekking. The views are phenomenal, and giant snow-capped mountains along the trail make the journey serene.
We have also opened our booking for Annapurna Base Camp Trek 2022/2023 spring and fall. Likewise, you can also trek to Annapurna Base Camp in fall/winter 2021 if you want. Again, feel free to get in touch with us anytime to book the trip or ask your queries. We will be more than happy to assist you.
Highlights of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- A lovely drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara to Nayapul
- Trek through the Annapurna Conservation Area
- Get to see a range of flora and fauna along the way
- Cross rivers and streams, pass by dense forests and picturesque villages
- Get to see the lifestyle of locals and their culture
- Visit temples and monasteries
- Reach the Annapurna Base Camp
- Enjoy natural hot spring in Jhinu Danda
- Witness breath-taking sceneries and outstanding views of the western Himalayan mountains
- Challenge yourself to survive with limited facilities, enjoy tranquility, and learn patience & perseverance