Ama Dablam base camp trek is a new trekking package in the Everest region. It is more sort of an offbeat trek, however doable for beginner trekkers. The Ama Dablam base camp trail has two major steep, trodden sections- one when you'll approach Namche Bazaar (3,441 m), and another steep section goes from Pangboche (3,930 m) to the Ama Dablam base camp (4,600 m).
The Ama Dablam base camp trekking leads to the lap of Mount Ama Dablam. It is a 13 days program that lets you explore the ancient monuments in Kathmandu before the adventurous treks begin in the eastern Himalayan mountains in Nepal. The trek is very adventurous and lets you explore the Sherpa lifestyle & witness jaw-dropping mountain views.
The Ama Dablam base camp trek route is a fantastic alternative to the very famous Everest base camp trek. Unlike the EBC trek, the Ama Dablam base camp trek for 13 days does not go above 5,000 meters. The trail is also less steep. You can also combine the Ama Dablam base camp trek with the Everest base camp trek with us or add a helicopter return at the end of the trek.
Mount Ama Dablam is situated 6,812 meters above sea level. It is one of the very technically difficult mountains to climb in the Himalayas. However, trekking to the base camp of Mount Ama Dablam is not challenging at all. With our strong support, you can make it to the Ama Dablam Base Camp safely and without any hassle.
The word Ama Dablam has a beautiful meaning behind it, which means Mother's Necklace. Ama is a Nepali word for mother, whereas Dablam means a unique piece of traditional jewellery worn by Sherpa women. The hanging glacier from the mountain resembles Dablam. Similarly, the perspective of the mountain, when seen from the Tengboche village, is described as a mother's hand protecting her child on each side.
Quite interesting right? Well, what is more, interesting is the journey itself. Apart from the adventure, if we take the cultural experience and intimate interactions with the locals into consideration, the Ama Dablam Base Camp trek in Nepal lets you forget your worries, be grateful for what you have, and teach you to be humble. You will learn about the importance of simple living while unwinding and rejuvenating.
Major attractions of Ama Dablam Base Camp trek
- A guided sightseeing tour of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu. Visit palaces, temples, monasteries, courtyards, museums, and galleries. Explore local markets and do window shopping in Thamel.
- A short 35-minute nerve-racking flight between Kathmandu and the starting/ending point of the trail, Lukla. The aerial views of the Himalayas during the flight are phenomenal.
- Trek in the Sagarmatha National Park that begins on your second day of trekking on the way from Phakding to Namche Bazaar.
- The trail goes through lush forests of pine, oak, rhododendron, magnolia, birch, juniper, etc. You will get to see many plants, animals, and birds.
- Spend nights in picturesque mountain villages like Phakding, Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, and Pangboche. Get to know the villagers closely and experience the simple lifestyle.
- Visit ancient monasteries in Tengboche and Pangboche villages. Learn about the rich traditions and practices of the natives.
- An acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar. You will go on a short hike to the Hotel Everest View.
- Witness breathtaking views of many Himalayan mountains and peaks, including Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Khumbila, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Cholatse, etc.
Ama Dablam Base Camp Trek 2023 and 2024 Booking
Join us on this incredible trek in the Himalayas of Nepal. Live your Himalayan dream and trek with a native. The Ama Dablam Base Camp Trek 2023 and 2024 booking is open. To know more about the trek, please send your inquiry to [email protected] or CONTACT US AT+91 9733106312 (WhatsApp/Viber).
We also have other adventurous treks in Nepal that you can check out. These are some of our top picks for 2023 and 2024 - Langtang Valley Trek, Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek, Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Circuit Trek, Everest Gokyo Lake trek, Everest base Camp Trek and Everest Three High Passes Trek.