How to Reach Darjeeling
Once you reach Bagdogra airport, NJP Train station or Siliguri, you can make your onward travel to Darjeeling.
Here are your options for reaching Darjeeling Himalaya from other destination parts of India.
By Train :
The nearest railheads are Siliguri and New Jalpaiguri (88 km) from here which are connected to Calcutta, New Delhi, Guwahati and other major Indian cities.Take a train up to NJP (New Jalpaiguri station)
By Air :
Darjeeling town is 90km from bagdogra airport Fly down to the nearest India airport Bagdogra which is 94 kms from Darjeeling town where scheduled flights operate from New Delhi, Calcutta and Guwahati. You can also fly from Kathmandu and take the one-hour flight to Bhadrapur (the nearest Nepalese airport to Darjeeling
- Climate : Summer : Min: 8.5 degrees C , Max: 14.8 degrees C
- Annual Rainfall : 320 cm (126 inches)
- Best Tourist Season : March to Mid-June, Mid September to November
- Best Mountain Views : Mid Sept. - Mid Dec.
- Recommended Clothing : Light woolens and tropical in summer (umbrellas and raincoats are useful) and heavy woolen in winter.
Hindi, Nepali / Gorkha, Bengali, Tibetan and English.