Kathmandu is the city tour where antiquated customs rub shoulders with modern technology. The magnificence of the past charms the guest whose eyes may stuck on a stunningly cut wooden window outline, an eighteenth-century bronze model or a profoundly elevating stupa. Kathmandu, the biggest city of Nepal, is the political just as social capital of the nation.
Here are some of the things that you should try in Kathmandu:
- Discover a world of flavor in Nepal, from wholesome dal-bhat to popular momos and more
- Fly past the Himalayas, and go eye-to-eye with Mt. Everest, and the world’s highest peaks within minutes
- Take a course in woodcarving, stone masonry, pottery or learn delicate Thangka painting
- Rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul through yoga that delves deeply into you
- Discover inner peace and positive energy through the ancient practice of meditation
- If you are looking for holistic physical healing through non-invasive methods, Ayurveda could be of interest to you
- Monuments (Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Temple, Swayambhunath Temple)
- No big surprise the entire of Kathmandu Valley was assigned a World Heritage Site in 1979 because of its seven exceptional historical landmarks.